Getting the job done.
We offer an extensive portfolio of services designed to dovetail perfectly with each other and to help our clients reach their goals. Whether you need help advocating for your project or proposal, developing programs or events to advance your company or organization, or executing a targeted digital advertising campaign with precision accuracy, we get the job done.
Dovetail harnesses long-standing relationships with elected leaders, government officials and other decision-makers at the local, state and federal levels to cut through bureaucratic red tape or to influence public policy, by providing pertinent information and lobbying on issues or procedures that positively affect our clients.
Our extensive experience with political campaigns spans decades. From day-to-day management and operations to overall strategic and tactical consulting, Dovetail can guide your candidate or ballot measure campaign every step of the way.
Independent Expenditure Campaigns
Effectively promoting the election or defeat of a political candidate or ballot measure – completely independent of a candidate or authorized committee – and staying within legal guidelines requires the knowledge and expertise Dovetail brings to the table.
Outside of the electoral sphere, Dovetail can design and implement a sustained advocacy campaign that incrementally builds support and understanding to raise awareness, maintain a favorable image or change public attitudes, policies or practices.
Community Relations & Coalition Building
The relationship a company or organization has with the people who live in the area in which it operates can be the determining factor in garnering support from elected officials, changing public policy and shaping or mobilizing public opinion. Dovetail reaches out to residents and well-respected stakeholders to inform, educate, and build coalitions.
Association Management & Administration
Dovetail Partners knows what it’s like to manage 501(c) and 527 organizations, of all sizes. Dovetail can manage ongoing programs and operations; monthly board and committee meetings, newsletter and social media communications; external relations; budgeting and reporting compliance; vendor procurement; special projects; and media appearances.
Membership & Donor Development
For most membership-based organizations, the cycle of membership recruitment and membership retention is a relentless one. Dovetail Partners is experienced with conducting membership roll audits; helping to “categorize” and maintain members by their “currency;” scheduling donor solicitations; and developing plans for non-dues revenue fundraising.
Event Planning & Production
Under the auspices of Affairz Event Consulting, Dovetail is a “one-stop shop” that provides a range of event planning and production services. From securing a venue to contracting your vendors, Dovetail directs multiple large-scale, signature annual events for some of the region’s largest organizations. Membership events, community parades, street fairs, golf tournaments, industry competitions, fundraisers, retreats and conferences, tours and weddings. No problem.
Strategic Communications & Targeted Digital Advertising
Dovetail is uniquely positioned to help clients reach the right audience at the right time and at the right place. Beyond our ability to deliver traditional, “legacy” media programs, Dovetail’s alliance with Audience Partners – the leading provider of data-fueled, audience-based addressable [and patented] advertising solutions that span 4-screens: desktop, mobile, tablet & TV – ensures your digital advocacy campaign is employing the very best tactics available.
- T.J.’s strategic as well as his tactical knowledge was instrumental in winning some huge political victories in Oceanside and elsewhere in recent years. He understands what it takes to win.
- T.J. has been at the epicenter of just about every major center-right political victory in the city of San Diego for at least the past five years. He’s like a master mechanic who knows how to get things done and finds creative ways to win.
- T.J. has been an effective leader at advancing pro-business policies that create jobs, lower taxes and strengthen our local economy in the South Bay and beyond.
- T.J. has a talent for identifying opportunities for political success and mobilizing people around his ideas. I’ve enjoyed working with him in East County.
- He and the people that he contracts with for their media have a tendency to not just push the envelope, but break through it.
- T.J.’s outreach proved vital in advocating for professional soccer as a valuable component of economic development in North County, and helped garner the regional and community support necessary to obtain our franchise agreement.